110 volt power tools,and will they work?

graham  and trudy

Guest itchyfeet
hi, only just found this site we have just been granted our permanent residents visa`s and we are going out to brisbane for a month in june to activate them . I am a carpenter and hoping my tools would work out there otherwise means buying new tools when there. Would be grateful for any info.

Hi Graham & Trudy

We are in Brisbane and have been for 6 months - I work in Engineering.

As long as you bring a tranformer all your tools will work. In workshops they all use 240V equipment & all my DIY tools (240V) work at home.

In general they do not have a clue why we have 110V equipment in the UK.

Good luck with the move.

Guest itchyfeet
hi dean and sarah

thanks for your reply thats good news. were staying in carina when we are out for a month do you know what this area is like. cheers

Hi I have no idea what Carina is like, never heard anything bad about it though. Most area's look nice but it's not easy choosing.

you can check out suburbs on here

Brisbane Queensland Australia - suburbs - maps - accommodation - events - street and business directory - restaurants - ourbrisbane.com

• 2 weeks later...
Guest tombo97

just bcome back from gold coast and melbourne noticed some sites over ther and workers using 110 trannies so dont think there will be a problem

i am also a capentr/joiner in the shopfitting and exhibition industry an have just started visa appliction, how have gone on with work, did you get a sponser or do you have work to go to any advice would be good,

bon voyage,,

Thanks for your reply, I have been granted a sub class 136 permanent residence visa. I have not been to oz yet. Going to look in July, so I have not got a job or a sponser. Hoping to get a job when we move there permanently.Did you find out if there was plently of work for our trade :D

how long were you out there for?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest oz migration

Hi Graham & Trudy

For carpenters across Australia you should not have a problem for the next 10-15 years.

Qld is in dire need (generally for high calibre) of carpenters.

If you need any help, please use our website and go to the 'Others - porfessions in demand" and join. I can then review and help from there.

Good luck

Kind regards

Chris

Archived