cars

Guest lauramark

Guest lauramark

Oh my god,the cost of luxury cars here is simply staggering.Does anyone know anything about importing your own cars from the uk ?

I have a couple of nice cars..bmw and audi and the cost in oz is more than double what they cost in the UK....has anyone imported their own cars and if so are there OZ tax implications ?

Good news is the petrol is relatively cheap.

Guest Pinhead
Oh my god,the cost of luxury cars here is simply staggering.Does anyone know anything about importing your own cars from the uk ?

I have a couple of nice cars..bmw and audi and the cost in oz is more than double what they cost in the UK....has anyone imported their own cars and if so are there OZ tax implications ?

Good news is the petrol is relatively cheap.

That's the EU trade tariffs for you!

Try a Japanese car they should be a lot cheaper.

What about Lexus? The IS200 is a really nice car and you get everything on it rather than paying for all the extras like BMW,etc

Its not just the cost of purchasing one, the lovely people who maintain them charge a lot of loot to fix them. Parts are a lot more expensive. They figure if you have luxury car you can pay more, same with tradespeople, if you live in a flash suburb you pay more for everything to be fixed.

Like Pinhead said get a Japanese car.

Another thing with cars in Aus is its fine if you are driving around the city but if you go out into the country and break down break a windscreen or something you find they only stock the most popular models, i e holdens, fords and toyotas spares.

:smile:

Guest lauramark

Breezy that site you mentioned is very useful,thankyou.

It seems if your car is european and worth a few quid then it is well worthwhile to import.

Archived