ETA Electronic Travel Authority to Australia seems to be accepting applications, still waiting for Visa 600 Tourist

TruthSeeking

Anyone here notice that the ETA (ETA Visa Subclass 601) is now showing to be accepting applicants?

image.thumb.png.692177352d8fe3940e2b4c5316135397.png

On the ETA website information section on the left, it had originally indicated to family to Aussies to apply for the 600 tourist visa, as the ETA was not accepting but now I don't see anything rejecting applications.
I am not finding much information on this and have searched the web and this forum.

We applied for my wife to get the 600 but still waiting wasting valuable time away with nothing. Maybe we should just apply for this ETA and cancel the 600? Any thoughts?

I also saw a post by someone else on here posted last 14 hours stating that applied for the 600, but then applied for the Exemption, which was before the 600 was approved. After applying for the exemption, they were approved within 72 hours. I have seen multiple pages of Australian Border saying DO NOT APPLY FOR THE EXEMPTION UNLESS IF YOU HAVE A VISA. Of course not in all caps, but you get the point. Am I missing something? Are we supposed to apply for the exemption in order for the visa 600 to be approved or not?

Any thoughts?

We applied for visa and exemption at the same time. We included evidence of our relationship in our visa application and rationale for travel in our exemption. Exemption also requires planned travel date and we were advised visas are processed in order of planned travel date. 

• 2 weeks later...