Which area in Sunshine Coast

Zed

Hi all, 

My hubby and I plus to kids 10 & 7 have been trying to relocate to Qlds from Melbourne for sometime now and fingers crossed my hubby may have a job lined up in Noosaville. 

Please can you advise on good suburbs no more than 30 mins commute away from his work where we can buy a 3 bed for under 600k... We won't be ready to buy for 2 years so want to rent where we can buy later and not be priced out. 

Good public primary and high schools are important and no more than a 10 min drive to the beach. 

Good community spirt, cafes etc but doesn't need to be bustling. Just things to do for the kids etc. 

Thanks in advance 

Edited by Zed

1 hour ago, Zed said:

Hi all, 

My hubby and I plus to kids 10 & 7 have been trying to relocate to Qlds from Melbourne for sometime now and fingers crossed my hubby may have a job lined up in Noosaville. 

Please can you advise on good suburbs no more than 30 mins commute away from his work where we can buy a 3 bed for under 600k... We won't be ready to buy for 2 years so want to rent where we can buy later and not be priced out. 

Good public primary and high schools are important and no more than a 10 min drive to the beach. 

Good community spirt, cafes etc but doesn't need to be bustling. Just things to do for the kids etc. 

Thanks in advance 

Sorry I can't answer this - because I came on here today to ask the same question. My wife and I and 10 year old (with ASD) looking to relocate to QLD from Melbourne. Not tied to any particular location (one of the joys of COVID is the realisation that I can work from anywhere) but mainly looking at the Sunshine Coast hinterland. Hoping to buy a half-acre to build on - but need advice on where to look. Good (ASD friendly) schools essential.

Edited by Ken
  • Like 1

Everything is going up in price right now! You would probably be ok budget-wise on one of the new build neighbourhoods (Bli Bli, Perigian Springs or possibly Harmony - although I've heard Harmony is a bit cramped).  Bli Bli seems to have a nice community feel and good facilities and would probably be my choice, but I don't really knwo the others. 

If you want something non-estate, Coolum and the whole surrounding area would be my pick (although check out flight path of new airport if you look at Mt Coolum - mind you it's only a few small aircraft a day). There are a few towns north of Noosa (Cooroy or Pomona) which would be lovely if you want a smaller rural town feel (not sure on times to the beach). 

These areas cover many schools.  I don't think there are any terrible schools, but I know a few people are not keen on Sunshine Beach High.  Coolum High used to not have a great reputation, but I hear good things about it now.

Also I heard that getting a rental is really tough at the moment, so be prepared for that!

13 hours ago, BlueKangaroo said:

Everything is going up in price right now! You would probably be ok budget-wise on one of the new build neighbourhoods (Bli Bli, Perigian Springs or possibly Harmony - although I've heard Harmony is a bit cramped).  Bli Bli seems to have a nice community feel and good facilities and would probably be my choice, but I don't really knwo the others. 

If you want something non-estate, Coolum and the whole surrounding area would be my pick (although check out flight path of new airport if you look at Mt Coolum - mind you it's only a few small aircraft a day). There are a few towns north of Noosa (Cooroy or Pomona) which would be lovely if you want a smaller rural town feel (not sure on times to the beach). 

These areas cover many schools.  I don't think there are any terrible schools, but I know a few people are not keen on Sunshine Beach High.  Coolum High used to not have a great reputation, but I hear good things about it now.

Also I heard that getting a rental is really tough at the moment, so be prepared for that!

Thanks so much for this, great info