Breaching condition 8607

drewbty

Have any migration agents on this forum (or someone with direct experience) familiar with this scenario. Basically, I was on a 482 visa and ceased working with my ex employer 4 months ago (my ex-employer did inform the department as they were supposed to). Therefore I have breached visa condition 8607 on my current 482 visa, which expires in Nov 2020.  

Now obviously COVID is happening right now and I have been led to believe from a friend who had knowledge within the department that they weren't/aren't actively enforcing these breaches of ceasing to work conditions right now due to manpower and discretion over COVID. To date I haven't received any communication from the department and on VEVO my visa is still active.

I have recently found a company that want to hire me and re-apply for a new 482 visa and nomination for me. 

The question now becomes, even though the department were undermanned and seemed to be appreciative of the fact that some breaches of visa conditions couldn't be helped as not everybody on temporary visas could leave Australia during COVID- would they be so gracious with discretion when assessing my new 482 visa application? It would just take a quick look at the dates for the assessing agent to see that I had breached the 60 day max no work condition (this is providing that when my ex-company informed the department of me ceasing to work back in April that this note was stored on my department file, which I can't be sure of). 

TIA

• 4 months later...