Visa Pending, Child on the Way

Hi all,

I'm not sure of the best route to take, so any advice would be appreciated.

I have a partner visa pending.  Based on current timelines, I expect that visa application may be responded to around the end of Mar 2021.  

I am applying for the 309/100 from the UK.  I am married to an Australian citizen and we have one child. 

Our first child's application for citizenship by descent has been lodged.  Current processing times are ~ 4 months.  This child is not part of my application for the 309/100 visa, as the expectation is that they will be a citizen in their own right by the time my application is considered.

There is another child on the way, due in Feb 2021. 

My current plan is to lodge the citizenship by descent application in the same way as we have done for our first child.  However, there is a lead time for this application which may change and I don't want us to be stuck in the UK waiting for that application to progress when my visa has just been approved.  

I'm not sure how the 309/100 is impacted by the inclusion of a child with the application instead of citizenship by descent.  Perhaps I should I go down this route instead of applying for citizenship in their own right?

What I'm trying to avoid is:

- Being held up in the UK for a time unnecessarily after my current application is (hopefully) approved;

- Our second child having to wait long than they otherwise would to become a citizen, as they technically are already, just born overseas;

- Complicating the current application to the point where it would be seen as a negative to include our second child as part of it and therefore risking a rejection.  FYI: our current application is very straight forward and uncomplicated.  There are no guarantees, but I'd expect it to go smoothly. 

Any input gratefully received.

Thanks

Edited by martymarty5436425
Typos

At an overall level, I think it's impossible to predict, and fruitless to worry about, what the details of processing times will be in six or seven months time.

Specifically:

1 hour ago, martymarty5436425 said:

Our second child having to wait long than they otherwise would to become a citizen, as they technically are already, just born overseas;

Technically, they are not, hence the need to make an application.

Being held up in the UK for a time unnecessarily after my current application is (hopefully) approved;

Unkowable, but citizenship by descent is normally pretty quick if it's uncontentious. Your child will need a passport of some sort to go anywhere.

Complicating the current application to the point where it would be seen as a negative to include our second child as part of it and therefore risking a rejection. 

There is no reason why having a child will complicate your application at all, certainly not to the point of refusal. You will need to include the child's details into the application in any case, even if they are not an applicant.