Overseas UK Work Experience

Hi,

I have tried to get work experience documentation to prove my UK work experience which was about 7-8 years ago. I have contacted my previous employers and they said due to government regulations, they no longer hold any personnel data on their records. My agent said I need a document with my position description on it. Also I need tax records to prove I worked there - I have logged onto my HMRC account and they only go back to 2015.

I didn't keep any physical copies as I didn't realise I was going to need them! But will definitely keep everything from now on!

Please can you anyone advise if they have come across this before? Thanks.

Your agent will probably have some further advice about what documents will be suitable, but for starters, what about bank statements that show your pay going in to your bank account. Also, you can probably contact the HMRC and request back dated tax records. As far as your employer goes, is there not someone in management who has been there long enough to know you worked there and provide either a reference or a statutory declaration? It needs to have the dates of employment (months/years) and the duties that you performed. The ANZSCO description will give you a good idea of the duties.

That may be enough but check with your agent first - they may have a draft reference that you could provide your previous employer with, so that they have an idea of what is expected.