What happens next?

garyjampot

Hello all.

We were told to get our medicals yesterday so very excited, not long now I hope. I was just wondering if someone could give us an idea of how long the remainder of the process takes. Obviously we will do mediaclas ASAP and send results to Oz, but then how long do people generally wait? I know it depends on type of visa and circumstances etc but I have been told that if medicals are requested then you are basically in is this true? And when you do get awarded a visa then what next? I believe you have 12 months to physically go to australia to validate it then 5 years to move out?

Obviously we have not gone through an agent otherwise I would be firing all these questions at them not you :err:

Just to fill you in we applied for the 175 skilled visa on 1st December 07. C/O assigned 11th July and meds requested 21st july. We did not front load them as we plan on moving next year and I think the 12 months start from date of meds as this is how long they are valid for. Again if someone could confirm that I would really appreciate it.

Sorry about all the info. Just a bit over excited I think.

Thanks in advance

Gary & Ang

Guest leeob77

it took us about six weeks from sending meds to getting visa. (not sure if it was six or eight, have a look at my timeline below). so long as nothing terrible turns up on meds or police checks then you are going to get visa - they wouldnt request them unless your application was ok. when you get the green light from DAIC you can send your passports for visa to be put in them. as i understand things you have twelve months from the date of police checks or medicals (which ever you had done first) to validate the visas.

have you done your police checks yet?

good luck

lee.

In the process of sorting out meds & police checks. I don't foresee any problems though. So is this correct?

1) DIAC validate visa's, hopefully

2) Send passports to Australia house or wherever to get them stamped with visa

3) Then validate visa's within 12 months of meds or police checks by getting passport stamped in Australia?

4) Then you have 5 yrs to properly move out there?

I think this is right. I was hoping to move out there just before next christmas 09 but guess will have to bite the bullet and fly out sooner for a holiday to get passports stamped. Still, could be worse :)

When do you plan to move out?

Thanks for response

Gary & Ang

Guest leeob77

yes that looks correct as far as i can tell.

we wanted to move out just after christmas this year but it all depends on whether i can shift the house first.

im pretty lucky with regards to my employer. he says he wants me to stay as long as i like if the house takes a while to go.

In the process of sorting out meds & police checks. I don't foresee any problems though. So is this correct?

1) DIAC validate visa's, hopefully

2) Send passports to Australia house or wherever to get them stamped with visa

3) Then validate visa's within 12 months of meds or police checks by getting passport stamped in Australia?

4) Then you have 5 yrs to properly move out there?

I think this is right. I was hoping to move out there just before next christmas 09 but guess will have to bite the bullet and fly out sooner for a holiday to get passports stamped. Still, could be worse :)

When do you plan to move out?

Thanks for response

Gary & Ang

That sounds just about right to me, garyjampot - great name by the way!

We're still stuck waiting for the skills assessment stuff to be sorted. We're sorting our Visa with an agent, and the job/skills assessment side of things is being covered for by an employer and it's already delayed (the skills assessment) so we're pretty much just waiting around at the moment and slightly concerned that we might not get ours by December (when we go to visit Australia physically for a 'holiday').

Sooooo we'll see.

Good luck with yours anyway.

Luke.

Doesn't sound too promising does it, ours has taken 8 months so far. It will speed things up a bit if you have front loaded your meds and police checks though. If we had done that I think we would have been awarded our visa this week.

Best of luck

Gary

Archived