Skill Assessment - Vetassess - 272499

Ash12

The duties and tasks specified for the 272499 are for the whole group which includes professions like Geographer, Criminologist, Heritage consultant and Linguist etc. Thus it is difficult for me to understand the duties specifically required by Criminologist and if my current job description is matching the same. 

I am about to complete my 1 year at my job in March and thus, looking to apply for skill assessment soon. 

From the skills assessing body VETASSESS:

Social Professionals nec (ANZSCO Code 272499)

This occupation requires a qualification assessed as comparable to the education level of an Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF) Bachelor Degree or higher degree and in a field highly relevant to the nominated occupation.

In addition to the above, it is essential for applicants to meet the following employment criteria:

§  at least one year of post-qualification employment at an appropriate skill level,

§  undertaken in the last five years,

§  working 20 hours or more per week, and

§  highly relevant to the nominated occupation.

Please note in order to achieve a successful Skills Assessment Outcome, a positive assessment for both qualifications and employment is required.

nec means “not elsewhere classified”. 

Applicants should include a cover letter that justifies the rationale for choosing an nec category.

Thank you, 

however, I think you haven't got my point. What I am looking for is criminology - tasks and duties that I can then match with my current job description. so that I can qualify in the highly relevant job to the nominated category point. 

That's all good, I am specifically looking for people who have gone through the same process as a Criminologist. 

Thank You for your help. 

I have not dealt with a criminologist case since the days when a degree in ANY discipline assessed comparable to an Australian degree was enough to qualify for a positive skills assessment for ANY occupation on the VETASSESS list (except one) and work experience was not assessed at the skills assessment stage and at the visa application stage a qualifying period of work experience (12 or 18 months) in ANY skilled occupation was enough. 

If you are not familiar with the duties of a criminologist, perhaps Mr Google could help.

It might pay you to assess your probability of being granted a visa if you nominate criminologist as your skilled occupation.