491 Visa advise.

31Hillbury

Hi Guys,

I have a few questions about the 491 and the pathway to PR.

I just read @ seekvisa

• Visa will be granted for initially 5 years
  • Must live and work for 3 years in regional areas to get Permanent Residence (Skilled Regional) 191 Visa
  • You or your partner will need to earn for those 3 years a minimum income each year ($53,900 per annum)- for the State sponsored stream it may be in any occupation however if employer sponsored it must be in the nominated occupation.

The new 491 visa permanent pathway will be:

Subclass 191 Permanent Residence (Skilled Regional): To meet the requirements of the permanent visa (from November 2022) applicants must have held a subclass 491 or 494 visa for at least 3 years, have complied with the conditions on that visa and have met minimum taxable income requirements. You must show earnings of at least $53,900 per annum for three years. Your partner can also be the main applicant for the 191 visa if they can demonstrate this criteria.

Is this correct that if we got a 491 with my wife as the main applicant, that I could be the one to apply for the 191 visa If conditions were met?

2 hours ago, 31Hillbury said:

Hi Guys,

I have a few questions about the 491 and the pathway to PR.

I just read @ seekvisa

• Visa will be granted for initially 5 years
  • Must live and work for 3 years in regional areas to get Permanent Residence (Skilled Regional) 191 Visa
  • You or your partner will need to earn for those 3 years a minimum income each year ($53,900 per annum)- for the State sponsored stream it may be in any occupation however if employer sponsored it must be in the nominated occupation.

The new 491 visa permanent pathway will be:

Subclass 191 Permanent Residence (Skilled Regional): To meet the requirements of the permanent visa (from November 2022) applicants must have held a subclass 491 or 494 visa for at least 3 years, have complied with the conditions on that visa and have met minimum taxable income requirements. You must show earnings of at least $53,900 per annum for three years. Your partner can also be the main applicant for the 191 visa if they can demonstrate this criteria.

Is this correct that if we got a 491 with my wife as the main applicant, that I could be the one to apply for the 191 visa If conditions were met?

Hey Eddie,

Yeah essentially it’s doesn’t matter which one of you earns the $53.9k, you’d apply as a couple again just showing her tax accounts/payslips etc