Visa application

vics1987

Hi Everyone

I am new to this site and am looking for some help/advise. 

Is there a timescale where you can re-apply for a visitor visa after being refused.(I have heard 5 years?) A friend of mine was refused a visitor visa due to some silly mistakes he made around 4 and a half years ago. 

Can he re-apply when the 5 years have passed?

Would love to hear from anyone who has any information on this or been in a similar situation. 

Thanks in advance 🙂 

There is policy regarding a wait before re-applying for a visa, but this refers to a temporary visa once you departed Australia with unlawful status. It does not appear to apply in this case.

But your main issue may be the future (or current) Partner visa processing. The character issue may affect that and so you need to get a profession opinion on the character issue.

You may also have grounds to appeal the visitor visa (depending on what type of Partner visa you can lodge). It may be better to resolve character issues at the AAT with respect to the visitor visa, then use that decision to support the character issues on his Partner application.

You can email me the subclass 600 decision and we can then comment.

Regards

Edited by David Stephens
update