ELECTRONIC EQUIPMENT TRADES WORKER 342313

miller140

Hi All,

I am currently in the process of doing my skills assessment as and Electronic Equipment Trades Worker 342313.  I am a Fire and security alarm technician with experience in CCTV, door acess etc.

I am also a qualified electrician NVQ level 3.  Would this qualification be accepted as evidence for an electronic equipment tradesworker?  It is a bit different but it all adds up in the real world.   I decided to apply as an electronic equipment tradesworker as that is where virtually all of my work experience is.

Also if anyone has gone through the skills assessment and would be willing to share the experience of document gathering and technical interview I would be very grateful.

I am currently putting my documents together and trying to cover all of the units in the ANZCO codes, some of which only loosely apply to my trade but are perhaps more in line with an AV engineer. 

Many Thanks

Paul

Hi 

I’m an electrician in Adelaide and went through all the processes you are going through now but I did mine as a general electrician. 

not sure if your work as an electrician will help with your application as they are generally looking for at least 5 years experience in the field that you are applying for. 

in regards to the folder you are putting together you should try and get as much information as you can. This will include proof of all employment, certificates and proof of study where you attended college, get photos of work to put in as evidence and just think of anything you can put in that will have some relevance. 

the folder I put together was pretty substantial in the end but I think the more you can give the better it will be. 

thanks

Hi 
I’m an electrician in Adelaide and went through all the processes you are going through now but I did mine as a general electrician. 

not sure if your work as an electrician will help with your application as they are generally looking for at least 5 years experience in the field that you are applying for. 

in regards to the folder you are putting together you should try and get as much information as you can. This will include proof of all employment, certificates and proof of study where you attended college, get photos of work to put in as evidence and just think of anything you can put in that will have some relevance. 

the folder I put together was pretty substantial in the end but I think the more you can give the better it will be. 

thanks
Hi curly

What is work like at the moment? I'm a decorator looking to move out in May.

Hi 

the work is pretty good at the moment. It’s always up and down but there are a lot of projects going and a lot in the pipeline for next year. 

If you are a domestic decorator there are lots of properties being built all around and new estates being built all over

Hi 
the work is pretty good at the moment. It’s always up and down but there are a lot of projects going and a lot in the pipeline for next year. 

If you are a domestic decorator there are lots of properties being built all around and new estates being built all over
Thanks for the info stay safe

On 01/01/2020 at 03:20, Curly said:

Hi 

thanks

Hi Curly,  thanks for your reply

Yeah I'm trying to get as much evidence as possible, I don't have any photos but I'll get onto that as soon as possible, thanks for the tip.  I've got 6 years experience that I can prove, some employed, some self-employed which makes it all a little bit fiddlier, but I'm sure i'll get there in the end.

How long did the whole process take you? And how long have you been over in Australia now? 

Many thanks

Hi

i started putting my folder together in the September 2015 and had our visas come through in May 2016. 

that was pretty quick as had a quick turn around between the folder going through and doing the practical assessment. I got told I had passed the folder and then they had a cancellation for the skills test the following week that I managed to get on. We moved out to Adelaide in November 2016

You should be fine if you have 6 years experience. Just document everything as much as you can. If you worked as a supervisor for any of the companies they are not interested in that they just want to know that you were working in that field. It caught me out on one of my employments who put it in a letter I just had to get it re done saying I was working for them as an electrician 

cheers