Creepy crawlies !

Guest the terry's

Guest the terry's

Hi guys, me again! I have been asked by hubby to ask you lot what 'creepy crawlies' are there in Tassie. Obviously we know about the ones on the main land but can't find info on what is on Tassie. (Just need to put his mind at rest, bless).:wideeyed:

Cheers for now,

Helenx (and Hubby).

Guest Colin R

We do have a few creeply crawlies and things that slither!!

White back spiders, Tiger snakes , copper head snakes and brown snakes. to name but a few. All of these can be nasty. But its like anything else you dont go near them. I hate spiders anyway but really havent worried me too much in fact not at all. As for the snakes only seen one since we have been here and that was out walking the dogs , it didnt stay aroungd long enough to introduce itself and neither did I. As long as you realise that they are around and make yourself aware where they might be not a problem.

I look at it this way , had more problems with things on 2 legs and things with wheels than ever I would with spiders and snakes!!!

Sally

PS We dont have the 1000's of flies though!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 2 months later...
We do have a few creeply crawlies and things that slither!!

White back spiders, Tiger snakes , copper head snakes and brown snakes. to name but a few. All of these can be nasty. But its like anything else you dont go near them. I hate spiders anyway but really havent worried me too much in fact not at all. As for the snakes only seen one since we have been here and that was out walking the dogs , it didnt stay aroungd long enough to introduce itself and neither did I. As long as you realise that they are around and make yourself aware where they might be not a problem.

I look at it this way , had more problems with things on 2 legs and things with wheels than ever I would with spiders and snakes!!!

Sally

PS We dont have the 1000's of flies though!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am assuming that you have red backs as all of Australia does but do you have the funnel webs and huntsmans?

How about cockroaches?:goofy:

• 1 month later...
Guest Colin R

G'day Deborah,

We do get flies and mozzies over here and in fact the mozzies seem to like me and bite me with a passion. Mind you I used to get bitten in the Uk so no great change! We have an electric zapper which is good and also there is a great product which is in the shape of as flower and it sticks to the window ( made by Mortain) since having those round the house we dont have too many flies. We get bull ants over here and they are quite big they can also give you a nasty bite. We always wear gloves for gardening and bringing the wood in. But we have lived here a couple of years and have visited Tas since 1987 and to be honest it really dosent bother us .

Sally

Archived