Extended period out of the country on a bridging visa (461)

jimboallen95

Hi all,

I currently have an on-shore application for a 461 visa since Feb 2019, i'm on a bridging visa.

My partner and I potentially have to return to England for an extended period (unsure of length but could be 1-2 years) due to personal family issues so am considering either applying for repeated Bridging visa B's and returning each time until a decision is made (up to 26-28 months) or potentially withdrawing my visa and re-applying off-shore so I am able to leave the country for a longer period.

Does anyone have any advice on this? Do you know if I withdrew my bridging A and left the country, could I re-apply off-shore for the 461 almost right away or is there a cooling off period in between applying for the same visa?

It appears you can't switch to an off-shore once you have applied onshore and the processing time is so long it appears we wouldn't have a grant before needing to leave.

I know we won't get a refund but my main concern is withdrawing and then having to wait a year to re-apply and then the processing time of 2 years.

Thanks.