820 visa time scales

SarahR

Hi all,

Does anyone have any news on timescales for the 820/801 visa's. I put my application in a month ago and appreciate that it won't be coming through anytime soon but will it really take the 22-28 months that they are stating it will take. My hubby and 2 sons are Australian citizens so I'm kind of hoping that maybe it will come through quicker!

If anyone has had it come through sooner it would be great to hear your experiences.

Cheers

It really depends on a few factors.

1. If your application is decision ready.

2. The office that is processing your application (London appears to be processing within 4-5 months)

3. The speed that you respond to the case officer.

Unfortunately, applications for this subclass appear to be taking longer and longer to process. Fortunately, any delay won't affect your eligibility to apply for the 801. You might even (f its delayed long enough) receive a combined 820/801 grant.

Good luck

It really depends on a few factors.

1. If your application is decision ready.

2. The office that is processing your application (London appears to be processing within 4-5 months)

3. The speed that you respond to the case officer.

Unfortunately, applications for this subclass appear to be taking longer and longer to process. Fortunately, any delay won't affect your eligibility to apply for the 801. You might even (f its delayed long enough) receive a combined 820/801 grant.

Good luck

Thanks for your reply. I have applied whilst in Australia. What does decision ready mean? Is it when all the information that they have asked for is in? I have submitted everything, police checks are in and have had health checks too.

Yes - that is what decision ready means. But as Simon says processing times are long - the numbers quoted by the Department are actual processing times of existing applications. It’s unlikely that having an Aussie citizen husband will speed things much (as that’s generally the default position for all partner visas 🙂).