Do i need job offer letter to be eligible to apply for 489 visa

I am a registered nurse , i have applied for 489 visa in WA as i have got stat invitation. I am confused whether i need a job offer letter to be eligible to apply for 489 visa . I am offshore so its difficult for me to get job offer without working visa in Au . 

You do not need a job offer to apply for the 489 visa itself, but you do need one to be nominated by WA, so you can apply. It is a bit unclear from your post what stage you are at, but if you have been Invited to Apply for Nomination, then you will still need to meet the WA guidelines before they nominate you. There is loads of info on the WA website: https://www.migration.wa.gov.au/services/skilled-migration-western-australia/occupation lists

Hi Paulhand 

Thank you for your response. Yes i am confused as well to what stage i am at right now .So far i have lodge my application for 489 and i received email from my case officer requesting for job offer letter . I do not understand how one can get a job offer letter in 20 working days . I did apply many jobs all they are asking me is right to work in Australia , which i do not have. So just wondering if i am eligible to apply for 489 visa even after getting invitation from state to apply for this visa .