Points required to get invitation for Electrical Engineer

GKiT

I have applied my expression of interest for 489 as an Electrical Engineer with 70 points(including regional sponsorship points). Has anyone got invitations with this points? Would be grateful if you share some information on this. Thank you.

Hi

I think that if you meet the criteria set out by the state then you get an invitation to apply for your visa.

Check the states website which you have applied for and that will tell you what you need, also it will give you the estimated processing time.

On 08/07/2019 at 13:26, GKiT said:

I have applied my expression of interest for 489 as an Electrical Engineer with 70 points(including regional sponsorship points). Has anyone got invitations with this points? Would be grateful if you share some information on this. Thank you.

I’ve applied on July 3 and still waiting for the outcome? When did you apply?

On 08/07/2019 at 23:35, Lavers said:

Hi

I think that if you meet the criteria set out by the state then you get an invitation to apply for your visa.

Check the states website which you have applied for and that will tell you what you need, also it will give you the estimated processing time.

Thanks @Lavers for your comment. I have attached all the documents they are asking in the website (Skill Assessment, PTE Score, Passport and Resume). And have 60 points by myself. If state sponsor gives me 10 points, I will have 70 points. As far as I know, higher points will get invitations and others will be rejected. Am I right? Also is there any number limit they have to invite?

2 hours ago, GKiT said:

I applied on 2nd of July. How many points do you have?

I have 60+10 points, I know a few people got 55+10, some of them got 70+10. It depends on the state, they may prefer people with high English score or having relevant experience. 

Did you submit the employer references?

On 17/07/2019 at 09:16, VKB22 said:

I applied with 70 + 10 on the 3rd of July. Yet to receive any invite. 

Hi VKB22,

Did you get the invitation to apply for full EOI? I called SI office this morning and they said it may take from 4 to 6 weeks due to a large amount of application received.

9 minutes ago, hungle said:

Hi VKB22,

Did you get the invitation to apply for full EOI? I called SI office this morning and they said it may take from 4 to 6 weeks due to a large amount of application received.

Hi, I was told they will start inviting early next week. All the RDA's are waiting for NSW government to give them the "go ahead" to start inviting.

Nope, it's for the whole NSW. Don't take my words for it tho. Those could be just speculations. Anyway, there isn't much we can do about it. Let's just hope for the best. 

I'll let you know if I get invited to lodge the full application. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 18/07/2019 at 15:24, VKB22 said:

Nope, it's for the whole NSW. Don't take my words for it tho. Those could be just speculations. Anyway, there isn't much we can do about it. Let's just hope for the best. 

I'll let you know if I get invited to lodge the full application. 

Still waiting....

• 2 weeks later...
On 18/07/2019 at 14:54, hungle said:

Hi VKB22,

Hi VKB22

Did you get invitation? Has anyone got invitation till today?