AAT appeal for 186 nomination refusal

On 11/07/2019 at 12:07, pjmagneto said:

Hi

Same situation here,

Applied for 186 Visa on October 2016, got refused for insufficient supporting document for the Nomination application without any request for additional documents. applied for AAT and had my  AAT hearing on 12 March 2019 and they approved my application one week after.

The nomination grant notification came one week after AAT approval but i did not hear anything from immigration office until 4 May 2019 asking for Federal Police and Health examination again because they were expired. i lodged them all on the 23rd of May and until today i am still waiting for my PR.

Hi, I’m still waiting for the AAT review ... just wondering have you got the PR yet? And during this time , do you still need to work for the same employer?

thank you in advance 

Just thought I’d add my timeline in

457 June 2014 (already worked during WHV with company) 

PR lodged July 2017

documents requested August 2018

refusal September 2018 

appeal submitted September 2018

reason for refusal - training benchmark not met. Despite agent assuring us everything was correct. Then advised that “ the process of splitting the training amount of the years of sponsorship apparently doesn’t happen anymore. They must have changed it and it has to be specific for each year” that’s from my agent!! Someone I’m paying to know what’s happening. 

we are in a bit of a catch 22 with training. Owners don’t count for training. We don’t have Australians in the business (rural and rely on backpackers). If we had a full time Australian, we wouldn’t need a 457 but we don’t so we need a 457. Mind boggles!

hope everyone isn’t stressing too much. Can’t do anything until the hearing date arrives 🙂

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Everyone,

Though I am not someone to loose hope but this waiting time with AAT is very disheartening. Applied in Sep2018 and I know we have long way to go.
Just recently a cook from the Restaurant got his PR where our nomination was canceled citing financial capacity was not good to pay another 2 years to my partner Restaurant Manager Vic.

Share your updates guys, like it has been 5 years for my Partner working there and still immigration chose to do this.

I wish and pray everyone get their PR soon.

Thank you,

Vishnu

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Any update regarding hearing Of AAT.. waiting from june 2018

On 26/11/2019 at 20:31, jimmy15002008 said:

my  visa 186 refused in  june 2018.. i appeal in AAT in june 2018 but till today no result or no any information from AAT

On 24/10/2019 at 14:21, Abby.W said:

Hi, I’m still waiting for the AAT review ... just wondering have you got the PR yet? And during this time , do you still need to work for the same employer?

thank you in advance 

On 26/11/2019 at 20:31, jimmy15002008 said:

my  visa 186 refused in  june 2018.. i appeal in AAT in june 2018 but till today no result or no any information from AAT

Hey Guys

thanks for this forum! 

It’s “good” to know that others people are in the same situation so we can help each other.

I've applied for my AAT appeal on June 2018 and since then nothing hear from them. 

I know it’s how AAT works but it’s really frustrating living this on this waiting, in this meanwhile I am facing a lot of mental issues, going to psychologists to treat my anxiety, it’s been a nightmare not being able to plan to much my future.

I won’t lose my faith! 

Peace out

7 minutes ago, Ank90 said:

Hello

my nomination refused on November 2018 and I applied AAT and not heard anything yet. My Medicare expired, so am I eligible to renew my Medicare?

Thanks 

Yes fill in the Medicare re enrollment form again to extend ur eligibility , take ur original passports along with ur AAT Lodged notification 

1 minute ago, Abby.W said:

I'm in Melbourne, mine AAT lodged in June 2018, still waiting....

Thanks Abby , me as well in Melbourne , please update once if ur file opens in future , all the very best till then , it looks like if have to wait longer 😢

12 minutes ago, TAD said:

Thanks Abby , me as well in Melbourne , please update once if ur file opens in future , all the very best till then , it looks like if have to wait longer 😢

No worries😊 I'll definitely keep updating. 

It is much longer waiting than before, when I lodged mine, the average waiting time was 470 days, but now it's 658 days... I've been watching  on AAT web one and half year now, from what I see, they increase about 20-40 days every month😣

40 minutes ago, Ank90 said:

Hello

my nomination refused on November 2018 and I applied AAT and not heard anything yet. My Medicare expired, so am I eligible to renew my Medicare?

Thanks 

Hi

you need to get a letter from AAT stating that you are still waiting for their decision and take it to Centrelink along other documents so they will likely renew your medicare for 3 months 

hello everyone,

• I m new in this forum. I lodged my AAT for nomination and visa in Aug 2017. immigration officer visited my workplace. my job designation not matched with the business card. they refused nomination on the ground of business card and i  m not present on the workplace as well on that day. I left my job after completion of 5 years on 457 visa. now my file open for aat and my AAT hearing on 10 Feb 2020. my employer wants to submit docs for AAT hearing but he refuses to attend a hearing. I am in stress and confusion, is worth to go for hearing for me and my family. because nomination and visa hearing are on same day. please help me in this situation, you guys have more knowledge than me.