Finding first Legal job in NSW

Kashif

Hello Everyone,

i am moving to Sydney as i have granted PR under 271311 Solicitor. I am UK qualified Solicitor, an Advocate of High Court in Pakistan and recently got admitted to the Roll of Solicitors in NSW. I have over 10 years experience in Corporate & commercial, Banking and Family Law in commonwealth Jurisdictions. 

My question is whether the firms in Sydney will consider my work experience and offer me reasonable job or do i need to start with a junior role?? And if i am offered a junior/graduate role would it be enough to look after a family of 4. 

Lastly, i was also considering doing a graduate diploma in a particular field order to kick start my professional career in Sydney, can anyone tell which area should i focus on?

Thanks in advance.

• 1 month later...
On 17/05/2019 at 17:10, Kashif said:

Hello Everyone,

i am moving to Sydney as i have granted PR under 271311 Solicitor. I am UK qualified Solicitor, an Advocate of High Court in Pakistan and recently got admitted to the Roll of Solicitors in NSW. I have over 10 years experience in Corporate & commercial, Banking and Family Law in commonwealth Jurisdictions. 

My question is whether the firms in Sydney will consider my work experience and offer me reasonable job or do i need to start with a junior role?? And if i am offered a junior/graduate role would it be enough to look after a family of 4. 

Lastly, i was also considering doing a graduate diploma in a particular field order to kick start my professional career in Sydney, can anyone tell which area should i focus on?

Thanks in advance.

Dear brother,

Assalamualaikum.

I am from Bangladesh. I am an admitted legal practitioner at Supreme Court NSW. I am also an advocate of Supreme Court Bangladesh. I have been practicing in Bangladesh jurisdiction for more than 15 years. I want to apply for skilled migration. But I lost points for my age( 40plus years). I can score only 65 points for subclass 190. Can I apply with this poor points? Kindly suggest how I get avail PR.