Statistician or Mathematician occupation

keerthi

Hi all, I am at skill assessment stage, do anybody applying for statistician or mathematician occupation. Any suggestions in selecting one as 189 has stat and 190 VIC has mathematician. Which one to opt? Any idea about invitations for these occupations?

On 06/05/2019 at 23:35, keerthi said:

Hi all, I am at skill assessment stage, do anybody applying for statistician or mathematician occupation. Any suggestions in selecting one as 189 has stat and 190 VIC has mathematician. Which one to opt? Any idea about invitations for these occupations?

It will depend on your specific situation.

Generally an occupation on the Medium/Long Term List is preferable, however, considering the current high points required for a 189 invitation, it may not always be the best option.

Relying on State sponsorship is risky, as their occupation lists and sponsorship requirements change regularly.

You should also consider the occupation of Actuary, if it is relevant to your qualification and employment background. It is in the same ANZSCO group as statistician and mathematician, is on the Medium/Long Term List and supported by a number of states for sponsorship.

• 3 weeks later...
On 06/05/2019 at 23:35, keerthi said:

Hi Keerthi, I got my invitation from Maths from Victoria and as far as know they have mathematician in their list for a long while. 

• Congratulations 1