189 Secondary School Teacher - 65 points/proof of employment/police certificate

Hi,

I am reading a few comments that suggest that with 65 points the chances of being invited to apply for a visa are slim - is this the case?

Also, can I ask what proof of employment others have provided? Are payslips necessary or will employers' letters suffice? I spend many years working in an international school in the Caribbean where payslips were nonexistent.

Do police certificates have to be recent? 

Many thanks

30 minutes ago, SarahK said:

I am reading a few comments that suggest that with 65 points the chances of being invited to apply for a visa are slim - is this the case?

This is correct. I it has been years (i think) since they invited anyone with 65 points. If they do start inviting people there will be thousands with 65 points who applied before you. The chances of an invite for a 189 with 65 are very slim.

Are you taking into account the full 20 points on offer for the English test?

You could look at the 489 or 190 visa. The 489 you get 10 extra points for applying. 190 you get 5. You will need state sponsorship though.

Also, can I ask what proof of employment others have provided? Are payslips necessary or will employers' letters suffice? I spend many years working in an international school in the Caribbean where payslips were nonexistent.

I used my post recent payslip and for the rest I used references.

Do police certificates have to be recent? 

You can't use your work DBS if that is what you're thinking. You have have to get a police certificate from here: https://www.acro.police.uk/police_certificates.aspx
You only need to worry about these late on in the application stage. You only have 12 months from this being issued to when you must cross the Australian border (it can just be a holiday not permanent move).

Edited by JetBlast