Parents Visa 143 - 47A Form question.

Aldar

Hi everyone, 

a bit confused about form 47A. Its name says -  47A Details of child or other dependent family member aged 18 years or over

However, Application for a parent to migrate to Australia stetes 'A form 47A must be completed for each member of your family unit 18 years of age or over, whether or not that person is migrating.'

My father is the main applicant. Does it mean my mother has to complete form 47A even though she isn't dependant?

6 hours ago, Aldar said:

Hi everyone, 

a bit confused about form 47A. Its name says -  47A Details of child or other dependent family member aged 18 years or over

However, Application for a parent to migrate to Australia stetes 'A form 47A must be completed for each member of your family unit 18 years of age or over, whether or not that person is migrating.'

My father is the main applicant. Does it mean my mother has to complete form 47A even though she isn't dependant?

Surely your mother is equally an applicant as both parents would need the 143?

hmm I thought Dependant means someone who relies on income of another family member and a partner who has his own income doesn't fit into this category. 

Tried to find definition of Dependant in Family Law Act, but failed.