Jump to content

You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Recommended Posts

Hi lovely supportive Forum members.  Huge congrats  to those with recent grants. We are now on 6 months 26 days since lodgement  (lodged 4 Sept 2018) of Victoria 190 visa and still awaiting a grant hopefully.  Have had two CO contacts in Dec and Feb and sent info back within time frame.  PC done in Dec 2018, Medicals done Jan 2019.  

We were hoping for a grant so we can book a holiday in the 2019 UK school summer holidays  to validate the visas, not doing anything until received grant.

we continue to wait and remain ever hopeful.  

I go through phases of reading loads of posts on here to feel reassured then get so busy with work and family that I forget and let time pass.

When I read about people who are excited for their nomination and invitation I think... gosh you’ve got a long wait ahead guys have patience. 

Anyone else awaiting a grant after Sept /Oct 2018  lodgement? 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi WizardofOz!

Yes we lodged in Oct 2019. Did you frontload your medicals and Police Checks? We waited for CO contact before doing ours. Medicals done 18/02 and police check 19/02, however we had a slight problem where my police check came back as 'no live trace' for a warning I got when I was 14 so had to send over more info on what it was for etc and a signed statutory declaration which I am doing tonight. From most forums I have read that your visa is granted pretty quickly after loading medicals/police checks so that's why I wondered if you had front loaded them?

Thanks

Lucy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 29/03/2019 at 12:26, Lucy Colenutt said:

Hi WizardofOz!

Yes we lodged in Oct 2019. Did you frontload your medicals and Police Checks? We waited for CO contact before doing ours. Medicals done 18/02 and police check 19/02, however we had a slight problem where my police check came back as 'no live trace' for a warning I got when I was 14 so had to send over more info on what it was for etc and a signed statutory declaration which I am doing tonight. From most forums I have read that your visa is granted pretty quickly after loading medicals/police checks so that's why I wondered if you had front loaded them?

Thanks

Lucy

Hi Lucy, no we did not front load the Health and police checks, these were done in Jan and Dec respectively. Everything else was completed by the MA anyway, including Form 80 at the application time.   So our clock is ticking, based on the Dec earliest date from the PC.  We have Still not heard anything yet. We are on about 7 months and a week now since lodgement. Its a very trying time, we wanted to book a holiday To Aus for the UK summer time, but will not do that until we have the Visa . But we knew we would have to wait - it just feels so imminent but we will have no idea when it will be granted. how are things for you?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, WizardofOz2018 said:

Hi Lucy, no we did not front load the Health and police checks, these were done in Jan and Dec respectively. Everything else was completed by the MA anyway, including Form 80 at the application time.   So our clock is ticking, based on the Dec earliest date from the PC.  We have Still not heard anything yet. We are on about 7 months and a week now since lodgement. Its a very trying time, we wanted to book a holiday To Aus for the UK summer time, but will not do that until we have the Visa . But we knew we would have to wait - it just feels so imminent but we will have no idea when it will be granted. how are things for you?

Yes still waiting here too 😞 hate being stuck in limbo but what can you do! I see from a lot of other posts that after they have submitted medicals and police checks they were granted the visa within a week or 2..but I guess every case is different. Fingers crossed we hear something soon. We are now at around 5 1/2 months since lodging our visa.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 15/04/2019 at 15:02, Lucy Colenutt said:

Yes still waiting here too 😞 hate being stuck in limbo but what can you do! I see from a lot of other posts that after they have submitted medicals and police checks they were granted the visa within a week or 2..but I guess every case is different. Fingers crossed we hear something soon. We are now at around 5 1/2 months since lodging our visa.

Limbo is an understatement... but we keep saying to each other - so many thousands of families and people have been through this waiting. Then suddenly they get their visa grant. That must feel surreal when that happens!  Anyway, yet another week goes by and we have not heard from our MA with any news.  And its nearly Easter. May as well enjoy the warm sunshine due this weekend and a few Easter Eggs.  Holding thumbs, holding everything. All the best too for your Grant.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎17‎/‎04‎/‎2019 at 19:33, WizardofOz2018 said:

Limbo is an understatement... but we keep saying to each other - so many thousands of families and people have been through this waiting. Then suddenly they get their visa grant. That must feel surreal when that happens!  Anyway, yet another week goes by and we have not heard from our MA with any news.  And its nearly Easter. May as well enjoy the warm sunshine due this weekend and a few Easter Eggs.  Holding thumbs, holding everything. All the best too for your Grant.

Hi WizardofOz2018,

Received my grant today! so happy but also very nervous now..need to plan plan plan! Any news on yours??

Thanks

Lucy

  • Like 3
  • Congratulations 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Lucy Colenutt said:

Hi WizardofOz2018,

Received my grant today! so happy but also very nervous now..need to plan plan plan! Any news on yours??

Thanks

Lucy

Congratulations Lucy, May i ask which state did you get your nomination from? 


Occupation - Chef,  State - NSW, Points - 65 ( Age - 30, Edu - 15, Aus Edu - 5, English - 10, State - 5 )

VetAssess Applied - 10/06/18, Positive Skill Assessment -  15/10/18 EOI NSW  190 - 23/10/18, Invitation -  15/11/18, Nomination Applied - 19/11/18,   Nomination Approved- 20/11/18, Visa Lodged - 27/11/18, Health exam - 19/12/18, Grant - 21/05/19

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, garrychandi said:

Congratulations Lucy, May i ask which state did you get your nomination from?  

Hi Gary,

Thank you so much 🙂 It was NSW.

Thanks

Lucy

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Lucy Colenutt said:

Hi WizardofOz2018,

Received my grant today! so happy but also very nervous now..need to plan plan plan! Any news on yours??

Thanks

Lucy

Wow congratulations. I am so pleased for you. No News on my visa. we are still waiting. On sunday its 8 months exactly since we lodged, I get increasingly worried but the MA said no use worrying. I called the MA the other day to see that our grant hadn't landed in their 'spam' email box and they said no, they checked my immiaccount and we are still in the system somewhere. 

So all the best Lucy for your future endeavours.  It will be all systems go once you are truly on your way. Happy Days. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you so much! I really hope you hear something soon, it was and is worrying seeing others get their grants even though they have applied after..I have no idea how it works! But i’m Sure you’ll here from them very soon and as your MA said there is no use in worrying , it will come around in th end. I’ve got my fingers crossed for you ! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, WizardofOz2018 said:

Wow congratulations. I am so pleased for you. No News on my visa. we are still waiting. On sunday its 8 months exactly since we lodged, I get increasingly worried but the MA said no use worrying. I called the MA the other day to see that our grant hadn't landed in their 'spam' email box and they said no, they checked my immiaccount and we are still in the system somewhere. 

So all the best Lucy for your future endeavours.  It will be all systems go once you are truly on your way. Happy Days. 

Thank you so much! I really hope you hear something soon, it was and is worrying seeing others get their grants even though they have applied after..I have no idea how it works! But i’m Sure you’ll here from them very soon and as your MA said there is no use in worrying , it will come around in th end. I’ve got my fingers crossed for you ! 


 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lucy Colenutt said:

Thank you so much! I really hope you hear something soon, it was and is worrying seeing others get their grants even though they have applied after..I have no idea how it works! But i’m Sure you’ll here from them very soon and as your MA said there is no use in worrying , it will come around in th end. I’ve got my fingers crossed for you ! 


 

 
  •  

Thank you. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×