Mortgages?? PLEASE HELP

carlymac

Hi everyone

I am really stuck on mortgages, we are hoping to emigrate next year and as soon as hubby gets offered a job we are off, we are thinking of renting for the 1st month a fully furnished however during that month we are going to hunt around for a place to buy, we are only taking about £50,000 depending on how much we get for our house so this is to relocate and to buy a house with. Can we set a mortgage up before we arrive so that we can buy quicker?? and also what other fees will we incur. Also if you buy, I have heard that the previous occupier has to move out as soon as possible and there is no chain system in oz??

People have told me to rent for a year first and then buy but I dont really want to keep moving and then decorate a rental only to move into my own?? Hope this makes sense..Any help greatly appreciated. :notworthy:

Guest Pinhead

Unless you get a mortgage arranged through your current bank who have branches in Oz (e.g HSBC) you will struggle to get a mortgage until you have 3-6 months of employment history in oz.

Property buying is a lot simpler in oz, you pay a deposit & sign a contract and then usually between 30-60 days it's yours to move in (subject to finance), unless it's through an auction which is a bit different.

I can put you in touch with two good conveyancers who cover the Melbourne & QLD areas, send me a PM if you're interested.

Archived