Visit to UK on partner visa

MetalToby

Hi all,

I've been in Australia now on a partner visa for just over a year. My wife is Australian so I am a permanent resident.

We are planning a trip back to the UK in October. Do I need to do anything with my visa for a 3 week trip to the UK? Or can I just come and go?

Thanks!

3 hours ago, MetalToby said:

Hi all,

I've been in Australia now on a partner visa for just over a year. My wife is Australian so I am a permanent resident.

We are planning a trip back to the UK in October. Do I need to do anything with my visa for a 3 week trip to the UK? Or can I just come and go?

Thanks!

I'm exactly the same as you but DeFacto, not married. I assume you are on a 100/309 Partner Migration Visa? As VeryStormy says, you are okay to travel as long as you are still within the 5 years travel rights of your visa. If you are outside of that then you will require a RRV (Returning Resident Visa) to re-validate the travel portion of your visa. I would also check on what I've been told by friends that got an RRV and that is:- If you do travel outside of Oz after your travel rights have expired, and you get an RRV, then the timeframe for applying for citizenship can possible be reset to when your RRV is issued. I'm sure someone more knowledgable on here can verify as whether this is correct.