Perth to Melbourne

Matcha90

Hello, is anyone here can give suggestion or advice to live in Melbourne, i was thinking to move to Melbourne next year and currently i live in Perth because live here alone seems everything getting bored also i'm not outdoor person (seems Perth is good for people who's like nature or outdoor activities). My current job is as a Chef de Partie. Anyone can give suggestion how much the rent in Melbourne, living cost, and which suburb is better to rent and live. I prefer 1 bedroom apartment and stay alone. Also how hard to get a job in Melbourne for Hospitality Industry as a chef ? Since i don't really have a problem to find a job here in Perth, what i heard from someone that worked in Melbourne is more competition to get a job, less salary expectation,  higher rent cost and lower on groceries cost ( compare with Perth ). 

Any advice and suggestion would be great. 

Regards,

There are literally thousands of restaurants in Melbourne.  The closer in you get, the more expensive your rent will probably be but for a 1 bedroom place it shouldn't be too bad.  I think around $350-500 per week CBD.  If you go further out, say Box Hill, Ringwood etc about $250 per week. Is it city living you are after or suburban? Bear in mind train fares of course if you go further out!

• 3 months later...