102 adoption subclass

tab

Well finally I have all the paperwork ready to post for the children's visa applications. They had medical Friday 13th July.  my UK police check came yesterday ironically took much longer than the afp one to arrive and double the cost. Submitted it all today fee was paid last week and praying that it will all be straight forward.  I have citizenship in Australia so if necessary plan to move to Oz with the children on a tourist visa late January 2019. However it does state that children's applications take priority so hoping for a fast turn around.  Keep you all posted Tab

• Like 2

That's great Tab, good luck! I am new to this forum and googled adoption - hence I found you. I am an Aussie (from Perth) living in London, and my husband and adopted daughter (3) just received their temporary and permanent residency documents (in one go) two weeks ago. Like you, I was also incensed that adopted kids have to go through the whole visa process. But that's the way it is. In the end we put her onto my husband's application, and I guess it took about 7 months to approve. Very smooth process but expensive (about £5,500). We are slightly behind you on timings - we need to activate the visa by April next year, so we'll visit Perth Easter 2019 to do that, then come home, pack up and leave the UK in July 2019. We plan a South East Asia sabbatical for 2-3 months on the way, and will move to Melbourne by next Christmas. We should stay in touch! Next step, finding out about adoption support in Oz... CaramelKoala

• 2 weeks later...

Hi caramel koala yes be nice to stay in touch perhaps we can have a beer or wine next Easter. I've had a couple of expat adoptive parents ts contact me which  us lovely. Good luck with everything all our paperwork is now in kids medical all clear which was a worry as my little lad has some health issues.