TaraTek

Hi all

I'm trying to extend my 457 visa to my partner, but the health declaration worries me a bit. My partner Had hepatitis C but its been treated now and he is no longer in need for medication. With the below question do I have to answer Yes or No?
" During their proposed visit to Australia, does any applicant expect to incur medical costs, or require treatment or medical follow up for:"
Looking forward to hearing from you.
Thanks

2 hours ago, TaraTek said:

Hi all

I'm trying to extend my 457 visa to my partner, but the health declaration worries me a bit. My partner Had hepatitis C but its been treated now and he is no longer in need for medication. With the below question do I have to answer Yes or No?
" During their proposed visit to Australia, does any applicant expect to incur medical costs, or require treatment or medical follow up for:"
Looking forward to hearing from you.
Thanks

You must declare it! Always be honest! Your partner may need extra blood tests (extra $!) but if he's clear, as you say,  it should be fine.

On 09/07/2018 at 17:03, Merryweather said:

If he doesn't need extra medication - the answer would be 'No'. But doesn't it ask about Hep C elsewhere on the form?

No, but if we want to apply for PR afterwards, HCV antibody will appear in the blood tests, meaning at some stage he had Hep C.

On 09/07/2018 at 17:01, Merryweather said:

You must declare it! Always be honest! Your partner may need extra blood tests (extra $!) but if he's clear, as you say,  it should be fine.

Do you know how long will the process extends if health examinations are requested?

Yes, antibodies will show he's had it and they will probably require another blood test to ascertain if he is still infected. If, as you say, it was cleared and no longer requires medication, the results should be negligible - meaning that it will be fine.

Shouldn't take too long if you get onto it straight away. BUT it is quite expensive!