Exceeding 40 hrs during “exam period”

Kevin 1210

Hi All, 

please could you help me out. I am aware that  students are able to work for a maximum number of 40 hrs per fortnight during semesters. And each semester is considered including exam periods.

My university had advertised as below

Final assessment period Saturday 16 – Saturday 30 June 2018

I had unintentionally started working 40 hrs in one week on the 25th of June (before ending of the exam period). However I had already finished all my assessments. I am now worried that I’ve technically breached my visa. And what will happen to me? It was really an unintentional mistake, as I thought I was allowed to work unlimited hours when I’m on holiday. 

Please advise! 

Thanks

kevin 

Working 40 hours in one week isn't the issue, providing the week before you worked 0 hours. So

W/C Monday 18th June until Sunday 24th June - You must of worked 0 hours 

W/C Monday 25th June Until Saturday 30th June - You have worked your Max of 40 hours as you posted above. 

Then Commencing Sunday 1st July, you are no longer in session and can work unlimited hours. 

If you did work part time from 18th June, then yes you have breached your visa and are subject to visa cancellation. 

I am sure you are not the first to do so and will not be the last.