Brisbane customs broker?

Geordie1

Looking into shipping over our personal effects and my workshop tools to Brisbane. The cheapest way by far is to box it up, and load onto pallets. I can get two pallets shipped to Brisbane docks for £250 with Pallet2ship.co.uk who I used when I moved from Germany back to the UK.

The question is - can anyone recommend a customs broker in Brisbane? I've emailed a few for quotes but the prices vary greatly.  

Guest The Pom Queen

I think the majority of members have used removal companies or the move cubes. I would be really interested in knowing your final figure if you would be happy to share as £250 sounds great. 

‘I don’t know how pallet shipping works, surely your goods are likely to get damaged? How much can you get on a pallet?

I've moved country a couple of times now. I make a large OSB box, that fits on the plastic pallet, and fill that with well packed, heavy duty cardboard boxes. No breakages so far. Pallets vary in size - a Euro Pallet is 120 x 80 cm, and you can stack to 1.8m High including the pallet. UK pallets are around 1100cm square, same height. A Move Cube is an OSB box on a pallet.