Glen / Mout Waverley

Guest The York Clan

Guest The York Clan

Hi - My family and I are moving to Victoria in October and thinking of renting in Glen or Mount Waverley. Does anyone know anything about these areas - particularly the primary schools? I've also been trying to find info on the school zones / catchment areas but can't seem to track it down.

Thanks

Very nice areas to live in and good public transport on the Glen Waverley Line. Nice shopping Centres, I really like the Glen.

Established areas with parks etc lots of schools public and private handy. Unis not far.

Popular areas.

Guest Hello Kitty

Glen Waverley and Mt. Waverley used to be considered outer suburbs of Melbourne about 30 years ago but now they are more 'middle' suburbs. They are close to the freeway into the city and have most conveniences close by. There are shopping centres such as The Glen and Chadstone Shopping Centre which is the largest shopping centre in Melbourne.

The homes in Glen Waverley and Mt. Waverley were mostly built around the 1960's and 1970's. Wheelers Hill which is a few kilometres east of Glen Waverlely was mainly built in the 1970's and 1980's. I prefer the homes in Wheelers Hill myself. The 1960's/70's were not the best era for domestic architecture in my opinion. Alot of these homes would need some cosmetic improvement if it hasn't already been done by previous owners.

I would consider these areas to be safe and good for families. Some of the local state schools have a very good reputation also such as Glen Waverley Secondary School. There is a private school in Wheelers Hill - Wesley College. There are also some Catholic secondary schools. Avila girls college comes to mind but as I haven't lived there in quite some time I can't remember the rest.

Archived