Visa to enter

Buttsy

Hi, I’m planning to travel to Australia end of June. I am British. My husband is Australian. We have two children who currently just have their British passport. My husband has a job in Australia, hence the move. We were planning on obtaining a partner visa for me once there and applying for the children’s citizenship/passports. Due to time I’m not sure we can sort these for the children before we go and I understand I can’t travel into Australia until my partner visa is granted if I submit it from outside.

So what is the best visa for us to enter the country on? Thanking you for your advice. 

Are the children not Australian citizens by descent? And can hold aus passports to enter Aus on. 

Getting that all done after the event, not sure how easy or difficult it is once in Aus to get all that sorted. I’d have gotten all that sorted before leaving the UK so they could start school and so on asap. 

You can, afaik enter Aus while waiting for an off shore partner visa grant. You just need to be off shore for the grant is all. Cannot be on shore for an off shore visa grant.

I’d expect you’d need a tourist visa if applying on shore for partner visa and then would go onto a bridging visa once the tourist visa runs out. 

However, given your husband is an Aussie and has a job offer and you will probably be on one way tickets, am not sure immigration, if they ask about your trip to Aus will buy the tourist visa story.