where near the coast?

Guest jchrisj

Guest jchrisj

I know this is a hard one as everyone is different.

We are after recomendations for somewhere to live close to brisbane. It needs to be very close to a beach, have good schools and somewhere to go for entertainment.

We have 2 kids a 4 year old and a 9 year old and we all love the outdoor life.

I have work offer in brissy, thats why it needs to be close.

Are there any employment web sites so my wife can keep an eye on for her to find a job.

Many thanks

Chris:radar:

hi

it depends how far you are willing to travel into brisbane mango hill and north lakes is only about 30 mins from brisbane and still close to beaches if you moved further up to the sunshine coast you would have plenty of beaches but be about an hour away from the city

for jobs you can try SEEK - Australia's no. 1 jobs, employment, career and recruitment site

cheers

Hiya Wynnum seems a popular area with new arrivals ,not too far to anything whilst being close to the city,its hard to be in the city and near a beach as Brisbane dosnt really have any beaches.How long are you willing to commute to and from work? and would you be using private or public transport? A good website to check out suburbs is Home | ourbrisbane.com has lots of good info.

another good job site is AllJobs.com.au - Search for Jobs in Australia as this have a few different job sites rolled into one ,good luck with everything

Cal x

Guest kiwi

Sandgate, Woody Point, Redcliffe, Scarborough are all nice areas with gentle beaches. Bribie Island has a variety of beaches but may be getting too far for a commute.

Guest Stoner

you may find that your thoughts are going to change pretty quick if you could work in brissy then go a short trip home to the beach every one would be doing it, every wants the same. Try looking at jobs south side for work then look around coomera area load to do . Sorry if ive upset your dream but iam sure you dont want to sit in brissy trafic when you sould be with the family on the beach or exporing the gold coast hinterland. I had the same thought untill i came out of airport i was looking for the dream but its not like tv sorry stoner

Guest jchrisj
you may find that your thoughts are going to change pretty quick if you could work in brissy then go a short trip home to the beach every one would be doing it, every wants the same. Try looking at jobs south side for work then look around coomera area load to do . Sorry if ive upset your dream but iam sure you dont want to sit in brissy trafic when you sould be with the family on the beach or exporing the gold coast hinterland. I had the same thought untill i came out of airport i was looking for the dream but its not like tv sorry stoner

One of the advantages with being a chef is that we start late and finish late, so rush hour trafic wont affect me. As for the dream, yes your right, it would be nice to have it all, we are hoping to be able to do what we want. However we are also flexible and are able to change, (havent told the wife that bit yet, lets wait till we get there).

Have been told to avoid south of the river. We are going to rent any way, so if we dont like where we are, we can move. The idea is to find somewhere we all like then build our own home........................But that may change.

Best bit with comming to oz with NO plans.......(shhhhh dont tell her that bit either).

End of the day, i dont care, as long as theres beer, steak, pool/sea and somewhere to tie the kids, i'm happy.

Cheers

Chris 4.30 pm and just off to work.......................love it:radar:

Chris you sound very determined and im sure you will make it work ,moving here does involve some give and take and at least you are aware of that.You are doing right renting for a little bit first ,id drive,drive and drive some more ,look at as many suburbs as you can before deciding where to settle ,if you need any help just give me a shout,good luck with everything but im sure youll be fine

Cal x

Guest kiwi

True. We thought we were definitely beach people but as we looked around we realised we were also attracted by the places that had lots of natural bush around - loved pesky kangaroos and the cockatoos, galahs, rosellas and lorikeets - and started wondering if we could keep the beach for weekends. It depends where you need to work, but if you're not having to battle peak traffic you have more options. We made it from CBD to Redcliffe in about 15 mins, maybe less, at 10am. We made it from Brisbane aiport directly across town to the west and up Mt Cootha, (despite missing the exit we wanted) in 20 mins at 6am, but I'm sure it takes a hell of a lot longer in peak traffic.

Of course, if you don't need to be in the CBD you could find an idyllic bush and beach combination, so as CalnGary says keep driving and looking.

Archived