190 NSW?

Guest Nakney

Guest Nakney

Hi all,

My wife and I have been planning to move to SA on a 489 SS. We had a chat yesterday and I think she would now prefer to go to NSW if possible. We spent a lot of time around Byron, Mullumbimby etc and actually got engaged there so it's quite a special place for us.

We had agreed SA as we have good friends in Adelaide and we have visited a few times, but the long term plan has always been to eventually move up to the North NSW coast a few years down the line and once we have gained PR. In truth, SA was the only state we looked into and once I saw that a 489 visa would likely be possible, I didn't really bother exploring any other options.

We are now almost at the point of lodging the EOI and I just want to ask if anyone thinks we would stand any chance of getting invited to apply for a 190 to NSW?

I am a cook and I am aiming to get 60 points +5 if applying for 190 (I have my PTE tomorrow and will have 60 points if I get top marks on that!). I have looked on the NSW website, my occupation is on the priority list and I am pretty sure that I will meet all the criteria. I have been looking on all the forums for other examples of cooks being invited with 65 points but I can't really find any answers. I have seen people from other occupations getting invited with 65 points but it seems that NSW prioritises invitations by occupation. Is there any way of finding out which occupations will be prioritised over others?

I understand that we would not be at the top of the list and would likely have a long wait to get invited. We aren't really in a massive hurry but would also like to avoid wasting time by putting NSW on our EOI if we don't ever stand a chance of an invitation. Also, if I only gain 10 points on the PTE, that will be enough for SA so I don't want to waste time/money retaking the exam unless I am going to go for a 190.

We do use a migration agent who I have asked but I he is in Aus so it's unlikely that I'll get an answer until tomorrow. I know I'm being impatient and I am also aware that I won't get a definite answer on this forum, but could someone just let me know whether you have heard of cooks getting invited to apply for a 190 to NSW with 65 points? If someone tells me it's a total waste of time and never going to happen then that's fine, we are happy to settle for a 489 to SA as originally planned. A 190 visa certainly seems a little bit too good to be true with my occupation.

Sorry for the rambling essay. If anyone has any idea, please let me know.

Cheers

Not sure about cooks but I got my invite on a 190 to NSW on 60 points as a plumber, so if chef's are on the list I wouldn't discount it. Good luck.

Did it take long for you to get your invite Dean? My partners also a tradie with 60 points when we apply in the next few months [emoji4]

Not sure about cooks but I got my invite on a 190 to NSW on 60 points as a plumber, so if chef's are on the list I wouldn't discount it. Good luck.

Hi there, just wondering when you lodged your EOI with 60 points and how long it took you to get an invite? We have submitted ours for a 189 with only 60 at the moment ( my partner is a plumber an will try and get extra 10 points doing English again end of June. We want to go to QLD which is why we have done 189 as they are not sponsoring for plumbers but we may have to consider the 190.

Archived