How long for technical interview??

Hi just wondering on how long the wait is normally for the technical interview?? As anyone got an idea,

My husband is applying for the metal fabricator, all relevant evidence as been submitted....

he’s worked for the same employer for the last 20years so it was pretty easy to get all the evidence together really...

we also now need to book the English test just unsure on which one to take [emoji85]

8 hours ago, Jodie&matt said:

Hi just wondering on how long the wait is normally for the technical interview?? As anyone got an idea,

My husband is applying for the metal fabricator, all relevant evidence as been submitted....

he’s worked for the same employer for the last 20years so it was pretty easy to get all the evidence together really...

we also now need to book the English test just unsure on which one to take emoji85.png

Hello we got the  appointment confirmed date in 3 weeks after paying ..first step got cleared in week .. and date was given for 2 weeks after we received the confirmation.., so say 3 weeks plus 2 weeks = 5 weeks in total for technical interview and then will have to wait for result for another 2 weeks 

my suggestion will be try pte.. it’s more logical test .. and u get result after 2 days rather than waiting for ielts which takes 2 weeks jus to get result 

rest definitely your call buddy . Good luck 

Edited by Waris

9 hours ago, Jodie&matt said:

Brilliant thanks for the reply , yes we have looked into doing the pte first.. it’s definitely worth a shot at!!
Can I ask what visa your going for ? And where abouts in oz

Good luck to u for pte. We are in Mel . Thinking to lodge 190 nsw .. hubby occupation is motor mechanic. 

Have u passed first stage of skill assessment??what is your occupation?? 

We are still waiting to hear of them, hopefully it won’t be much longer now fingers crossed!!
My husband is a metal fabricator, there seems to be more work for his occupation in nsw and Victoria..
I have family over in WA and was hoping to go to Perth to be honest, but it all depends on the points we have when he’s sat the pte then we will know what we’re looking at visa wise..
it’s just so daunting the whole process..