English test for Nurses

Hi I’m new here and trying to get my head around it all 

please be gentle lol

I am a Degree level nurse with 6.5years experience applying for the 189 skilled visa with my husband and children.  Do I need to take an additional English test or is my degree proof enough of my English for the skills assessment? 

thanks guys x

13 minutes ago, Amber2106 said:

Hi I’m new here and trying to get my head around it all 

please be gentle lol

I am a Degree level nurse with 6.5years experience applying for the 189 skilled visa with my husband and children.  Do I need to take an additional English test or is my degree proof enough of my English for the skills assessment? 

thanks guys x

Hey

yes you will need to do the academic ielts test as you need this for your skills assessment which is through anmac. You will need to achieve a minimum of 7 across the 4 areas. There are other  English language tests that are acceptable but I did the ielts I thought it was fine but you do have to study even if English is your first language. Hope this helps 

Yes it’s the academic version. As said above some study is necessary more so in how to structure your answer than anything else. 

The concept of not given in the reading is an easy way to drop points but there some good YouTube videos to explain it. 

You need to be thinking queens English when reading and writing as native speakers go off course, ramble and use slang. 

It wont be wasted as you can also use the IELTS result for the visa application. Just get enough copies of the result card. 

8 minutes ago, Amber2106 said:

Do I need the Academic version??

No problem I’m a nurse to I had my anmac assessment done in September 2017 and I believe that you do need the academic one which I did. I got above 7 for it although to get the points for the visa I had to go back and do the general one and get above 8 in order to claim the maximum points for English language. Yes it’s all bonkers ? good luck with it all.

There is a lot to do but take one step at a time and stay organised. If it becomes too much then use an agent.

just remember that most of what you submit to anmac will be what you submit to dibp and once your successful will also submit to aphra. So keep copies organised to make your life easier. 

I take it you have calculated how many points you can get prior? 

Today we have upgraded our printer so we can now scan and have colour copies all WiFi,  much easier and bought filing boxes and new stationary to get it all organised! I feel my OCD kicking in!  I have enough points 65 I think and briefly spoke to a Migration agent when in Perth last week who we will use when it gets going properly if we need it x

Archived