Dog UK TO OZ EXPERIENCES PLEASE

xkayxwx

Hello

I’m looking for people to share their experiences of their pet pooch in Oz quarantine. How did they find it? Were they well treated? How did they adjust to life in Oz?

We are making arrangements to take our 9 year old Shihtzu over at the end of the year. She’s quite timid and scared of other dogs especially, so I’m feeling quite anxious about how she’d cope with the whole ordeal:(

Most people find their dogs are fine after the 10 days quarantine. Some lose a bit of weight but soon gain it back. There is the odd story of a dog not coping or becoming ill but given the amount of animals that must go through the centre I don't find it surprising. 

You need to remember its not like a luxury boarding kennel where your pooch is pampered. They'll have a kennel and afaik they don't mix with other dogs (it is quarantine after all). I'd expect noise and so on but that happens in any kennel set up. 

There are plenty of threads on here about people's dogs in quarantine. And the odd one about the not so good experience also. Try the forum search feature to see if you can turn them up.