Long term relationship

Hey guys hope you are doing well !

I must admit I couldn’t be happier to come across this fantastic website helping me clearly understand the partner visa process! I’d love to ask a question regarding the partner visa and possibility of requesting of being granted the permanent partner visa under circumstances of a long term relationship (3 years in a partner relationship).

We got married with my wife (an Australian citizen) over a year ago (since when we have started living together) and we’re meeting all eligible requirements for a Temporary partner visa on the basis of our marriage (subclass 309/100).

We met in Sydney in June 2015 and after a month of seeing each other we decided to have a mutual commitment to a shared life to the exclusion of all others and our relationship was genuine and continuing. We lived at my partner parents´ house only for 2 months. At the end of the year 2015 my study visa had expired and I must left back for Europe, since when we embarked upon a long distance partnership (visiting each other every 3 months). The long distance relationship lasted one and a half year - up until we got married.

Per above mentioned, my question is as follows:

Am I eligible to claim that we’re in a de-facto relationship before we got married, (living at future in-laws for 2 months and having 1,5 years long distance partnership) havinga substantial amount of evidence proving our partnership was genuine and continuing?

Thank you heaps for any feedbacks and hints which might bring a bit of light to this matter.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Martin