Application for Skills Assessment

domrold

Hi! I plan to lodge my application in VETASSESS by mid April 2018. However, I might be in a new company by early April. It is still the same nature of work though, so it is still in line with my nominated occupation. Do I need to reflect my new company in my application? The new job would not count any experience as it is still new. Hope you can help me! Thank you!

Could you not include your new employment contract and role description for the Skills Assessment. It’ll probably take them weeks to even pick u the application so you can upload first payslip after a couple of weeks. Reason I suggest it is that it could take 3 months for skills assessment plus then several months before invite to apply and then the visa processing time so if the role is assessed as relevant, you could get more points, depending on how many years experience you already have. If you’re on the cusp of earning more points then it could be worthwhile, if you need years to reach next points band then not worth the efforts. Just my 2c worth, wrussell could confirm if this is a viable strategy or just a silly idea

• Like 1

Thank you for the feedback.

I was just thinking that because one of the requirement for the assessment is the proof of employment, should I include the new company in my documents since I'll be in a new company by the time I lodge my application?