Passport number error when Visa 189 granted

janesnj

Hi All, I got my visa 189 granted on 25th January.. Then I noticed that my daughter’s passport number stated in IMMI Visa Grant Notice and in VEVO online is the incorrect one.. Example.. my daughter’s correct passport number is A12345678.. but in Visa Grant Notice and VEVO online stated A12345677.. just a different in one number at the back..

I have filled form 929 and emailed to 929 <@> homeaffiars.gov.au to inform them in regards the error.. They replied my email 5 working days later to tell me that

Your Form 929 has been processed and your details have been updated in the department’s systems. Please note that Passport changes may take 24-48 hours to be reflected in VEVO. This will not affect your travel.”

Then when I check the VEVO online 3 Days or even one week later, it’s still the same in old wrong passport number.. So I have emailed them again, informing them the error again.. N I still receive the same reply back after 5 working days.. etc etc.. then now it’s still the same.. What else can I do? Did I fill the correct form n email the correct place? I can’t call in as I’m not in Australia.. I’m going into Australia on mid March to activate my visa.. Will this affect my entry? 

Edited by janesnj
incomplete typing then accidentally press post