Markets and other things

Petals

Posted this on another site but thought not everyone might see and it may be of interest to some of you.

I know some of you already know that most areas these days have Farmers Markets where locals bring their produce to sell. They are very popular and if you want lovely fresh food they are the places to go. They also introduce people to new providers of meat and veg and speciality foods.

Red Hill on the Mornington Peninsula has a market each Month during the summer and its a good market for a visit.

Mornington Race Course also has a market once a month in the summer and a lot of craft and nice for a morning out.

Pearcedale and Tyabb both have farmers markets.

Tyabb has antiques which are worth a visit if you want to have a themed house.

Frankston has market every Sunday but I have not been for ages as they moved it and I sort of lost interest in that one as its not as big now.

Wednesday morning market in Mornington as residents here will know is well patronised.

Car boot sales are held in most areas as well where we sell our junk.

Garage sales some people love them and visit them good for homewares.

Also you can join the Frankston Freecycle Group and there are other groups in other areas, this is where you get rid of the bed for free and find a barbecue for free or other things. Works very well especially if money is short. and also e2852.gif if money is not short.

FrankstonOzFreecycle : FrankstonOzFreecycle ™

Went to the Bittern Market today and its improved since the last time I was there nearly came away with a Greyhound the Greyhound people were there with the ones to be rehoused and they are lovely. However oh says he will divorce me if I bring another animal home I already have two dogs and two cats used to have three of each.

Love animals my downfall. Cost me a fortune.

Still oh was a bit interested in the greyhounds as they are trained to live inside and obedience trained before homes are found lovely dogs.

Anyone who likes ferrets my brother and his oh run Ferret Rescue.

Archived