Have I got the hang of RRV?

Soffy999

Have been doing some forward planning and reading through this forum and the government website and I would appreciate if anyone could let me know broadly whether my understanding is correct.

I'm a UK citizen, my husband of 7 years is Australian, we live in the UK (and he now has UK passport as well as aussie).

In August 2015 I was granted a permanent resident class 100 visa and we have visited Australia since then but not done the permanent move yet, due to "life getting in the way".  We now have had a son who has passports for both countries.

We're planning to move to Australia permanently, no later than October 2019.

So, by the time my 5 year travel period is up on the 100 visa in August 2020 we will be permanently living there but not able to satisfy the 2 year resident requirement for the RRV.

If, soon after August 2020, I want to do a visit home to see the folks, I would have to apply for an RRV subclass 155 and need to show aussie residence e.g. son enrolled in school/kindergarten, property lease, bank account, husband's job and (fingers crossed) my job.  Likely be granted a 1 year travel facility.  If after that 1 year expires I then want to go home for another visit, have to apply for the same but if it's after October 2021 then I would have satisfied the resident requirement so could be granted a 5 year travel facility.  And then, after August 2023 I can apply for citizenship.

Do I have this broadly correct??  Thanks in advance.

Yes, I think you've summed it all up, pretty well. 

You might be able to apply for citizenship a little earlier than August 2023. You're allowed a year's absence from Australia within the preceding four years so - depending on the date you arrive and how long your overseas holidays are - you could apply for citizenship sometime after October 2022.