anmac professional reference assessment

kb36

hi, im a registered nurse. I received my LOD from anmac last yr. I was an international student without overseas experience, so i was not required to provide any professional reference. I now require extra 5 points in order to reach 60 points for my PR application-189.

Do i need to send a professional reference assessment to anmac  in order to received another LOD stating i have 1 yr paid australian experience?

i only have parttime work experince with an average of 30 hours per week on my employment reference letter and a total of 1470 hours to date. does that mean i need to have fulltime work experience and theres no point sending the professional reference assessment as i didnt work fulltime with less than 1950 hours paid work experience and i wont be able to claim the 5 pts for skilled employment from dibp?

Immigration require a minimum of 20 hours per week in order to be counted, so if you can prove that via employment reference statements.

To get this added to your ANMAC result, ANMAC says the following:

'If you want to add work experience to a current Letter of Determination then you need to login to the portal and select 'professional reference assessment.' Pay for your assessment and upload the professional references. An assessor will contact you if we require further information.' 

Regards,

Richard

hi richard, thank you for  replying.

just wanted to clarify.. so even if i dont add work experience to my LOD, dibp will still recognise my work experience as long as i have an employment reference statement stating i have worked for 1 yr with atleast 20 hours per forthnight? 

• 9 months later...

Hi,

I have the same query. I have been working as a registered nurse in Australia since January 2018 and it will be 1 yr next year. do I have to get a skill assessment done again to get 5 points for this experience or a reference letter from my employer is enough? 

Ultimately, employment advice from an assessment authority is just that: advisory.

In terms of teaching applicants, you can submit your employment evidence directly to immigration and make a claim for the points, without obtaining points test advice from the skills assessment authority (although you still need a positive skills assessment obviously).

However, it should be noted that an immigration case officer reserves the right to ask you to go back and get employment advice if they feel they would like the additional advisory.

For this reason, most people try to pre-empt this possibility from occurring by getting employment advice before applying for the visa. it comes down to individual choice.

I always advise people to go for it at the same time as their skills assessment, as then they are covered.

However, in situations where you are adding subsequent work experience AFTER a skills assessment e.g. you worked for an additional year in Australia, then there should be no need to get additional employment advice for this. You just 'add it on'. Providing you've factored this into the EOI and you have employment evidence then the case officer should accept it.

Regards,

Richard

Edited by Richard Gregan