Suburbs NSW

reubs2016

Do you know where you will be working and what your budget for rentals is likely to be?  People will be able to give you more specific information with that information.

Having said that, you could try Sutherland Shire, or maybe a little bit further out towards Helensburgh.  Most of the Sutherland Shire suburbs are family friendly, the schools are great, there are beaches, a great shopping/restaurant/cinema complex in Miranda, and it is relatively easy to commute to Sydney CBD via car or train (approximately 1 hour by train from Cronulla, less than that from the other suburbs).  We used to live in the Engadine area, which is very nice and a bit cheaper than some of the other suburbs.  There is plenty to do in the area, lots of walking, great leisure centres, all kinds of groups and clubs for your kids to join.  There is a sticky post on Sutherland Shire up at the top of the NSW section that might give you more of an idea of what it is like.

No idea yet but I'm a midwife so need to be close enough to a hospital hubby is electrician so I assumed he would need to be near CBD. We never been to NSW , lived in perth for a few years but could only get a 190 so will have to go NSW for a few years. We are completely open to anywhere to be honest rental price will be a huge thing for us to be honest but we don't want somewhere run down or older population. Not asking for much really are we. Hope we can go back and settle in Perth once we fulfil our obligation in NSW.

Sutherland Shire might just fit the bill.  It isn't run down at all, and is massively family oriented.  There is also lots of building work going on at the moment, so your husband probably wouldn't find too much trouble picking up work, providing he has the right licenses etc.  It is a real up and coming area in that regard.   There is a hospital at Sutherland and another in St Georges, plus I think there are some private maternity hospitals around that area.  I'm a bit out of touch in terms of what rentals are going for these days (we're back in the UK), but as a general rule the more expensive suburbs are over by the beaches (Cronulla, Caringbah etc.) and by the rivers (Gymea Bay, Yowie Bay etc.), where the cheaper suburbs are more inland (Loftus, Engadine, Menai, Bangor, Barden Ridge etc).  Those suburbs are all still lovely, but are cheaper because they are away from the water.  That said, in the Engadine area we were still only a 20-25 minute drive from the beach, 10-15 minutes from Miranda, a few minutes to the Royal National Park, and an hour away from the most beautiful white sandy beaches.  Engadine itself (and surrounding suburbs) is a lovely little community, lots of families, good schools, a small town centre with supermarkets, post office, coffee shops, greengrocers etc which is handy if you don't want the bother of going shopping in Miranda, lots of parks and play areas, a leisure centre etc.

Sutherland shire is very nice we lived there for a couple of years when we first moved here but rentals and house prices are very very high now. We have moved further out to Macarthur area - there are lots of new suburbs being built Gregory Hills, Edmonson Park, Oran Park, Harrington Park...your husband would have no problems finding work there is so much building happening. Additionally there are two big hospitals Liverpool and Campbeltown nearby. Rent and housing is far more affordable and access to the city is still achievable both my husband and I work in the city and commute.