spouse occupation

iqra ammad

My husband is an Electronics engineer having 8  years experience and I am Software Engineer with 2 years of experience.We have to avail partner's point but problem is these two occupations listed on different authorities.What to do now as we have to increase our chances by availing these points.

Edited by iqra ammad

In order to claim the partner points,  both occupations need to be on the same skills list (i.e. either both on the short-term skills list, or both on the medium/long term list).  Both applicants would need to have their skills assessed by the relevant skills assessment authority for their particular occupation, and the partner would also need to demonstrate they can speak English at Competent level. If you can't meet any of these requirements then I don't think there are any other options.  If you're struggling to meet the points threshold then it may be worthwhile consulting with a migration agent who can help come up with some alternate strategies.  

https://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Visa-1/189-?modal=/visas/supporting/Pages/skilled/Partner-skills.aspx