Working holiday to sponsorship

Coreyhughes171

Hi Guys,

i was woundering if someone could give me advice or point me in the right direction. I’m 21 with 3 years of IT Engineering support experience and I plan on using the WHV just to get myself into oz  around February 2018 and start looking for sponsorship in IT. I plan on moving to Sydney as Sydney is an IT literate place and I was woundering is IT tought to get sponsored in?

Its hard to get sponsored for IT Support roles. If you have some knowledge / Certificate  to set you apart from all the rest then very much a possibility. However at the lovely young age of 21, I doubt you would have such experience just yet. Also remember alot of IT roles are only on the short term list so PR cannot be applied for as it could previously so even if you were sponsored, you may have to leave in a couple of years. 

My advice is to come over as planned and see for yourself ;-) There''s really no right or wrong decision ;-)

Thanks for the reply Sam.

I hold great knowledge in different aspects of IT, from MS operating systems, AD, Telephony also. Is the job market for IT tough? I’ve been to Sydney before and I loved it. I was also told that it is full of opportunities regarding IT. 

Also; if there is no wrong or right decision, could there be possibilities of being sponsored for a longer period of time?

Getting an IT Job in Sydney isn''t the issue.. Getting an IT Job in Sydney when you are on a WHV looking for potential Sponsorship makes it an issue.. 

Your IT knowledge is pretty 1st level support, if you had certs / exp in VMware, Oracle, MCP Cert, Linux or advanced Networking skills it makes the WHV thing less of an issue. 

I am not in Sydney nor IT directly, However I would guess its pretty tough and a fair few applications per job advert. 

To sum it up, Getting a IT Job on a WHV will be tough, getting sponsored will be very very tough , getting a Permanent visa will be impossible. 

What ever you decide to do, Good Luck and have fun!