Forum Permissions

Cerberus1

Just a quick heads up that some members may find they don't have access to certain features for a couple of hours.

Behind the scenes, permissions (such as the ability to send Private Messages, Post Status updates in your profile etc) are managed by assigning members to different primary and secondary 'groups'.

Certain permissions don't become available until members have made a certain number of posts on the forum. We do this as an anti-spam measure - to stop spammers signing up and sending unsolicited PM's, posting spam as status messages, in blogs, photo albums etc etc.

When we changed the forum software back in March, I didn't set up the primary and secondary groups correctly, making it difficult to manage the permissions.

I'm in the process of sorting it out. Basically, everyone has been placed in the default group, but when you log in, it should trigger a job which will assign the correct permissions to you. It may be instantaneous, it may take a little while, I'm not sure. If you find you can't access something after a couple of hours, just send me a message using the 'Contact Us' option at the bottom of the page.

• Like 1