Fraser Island

Guest melly

Guest melly

What a place !

Just spent the weekend there and it was fantastic. Now is also a great time to go as it was not too busy and the night temperatures were fine for camping.

Great 4WD tracks.

Get all permits before you go.

Enjoy !

Guest KirstyM

We went there about this time last year and it was divine! We've got access to a 4WD my OH's family keep in storage near here... I hope we can get up there soon.

Got any pics to inspire us all?

Guest elysee1

Fraser Island is great - I was there on my first trip to Australia and loved it. Especially the little lakes on the inside of the island are amazing.

• 1 month later...
Guest Pinhead

I would thoroughly recomend Fraser Island one of the best places I've visted in Oz. A must if you are in Brisbane and looking for a day trip.

Guest KirstyM
I would thoroughly recomend Fraser Island one of the best places I've visted in Oz. A must if you are in Brisbane and looking for a day trip.

It's a 5 hour drive... it'd be a looooonng day!

Guest KirstyM
Not really, I did from Brissie with APT. Well worth it.

What is APT, are they a tour company? Just asking so I can recommend to friends who are going to be coming over.

What time did you depart Brissie?

Guest Pinhead

Australian Pacific Tours (or Touring?). I've used them quite a few times, never had a problem.

The're one of the bigger touring companies that have tours all over the country.

Guest KirstyM
Only took us 2 and a bit hours Kirsty and Brissie is only 45 mins away from us.. If ya get a good day the traffic is ok...the thing I found real strange was still being on the highway and yet driving through towns..

Have to agree thought it is an amazing place

LOL, clearly my camper van is slower than most vehicles on the road here. It takes us 2 hours to get to Brissie from here, and three hours to get up to Hervey Bay.

I really need to buy a faster car!

Archived