Possibly moving just inside the time window...

Jlew

Hi, long time since I posted on the forum. Family of 4 granted our 190 visas back in December 2014, booked one way flights and then for various reasons we just couldn't make the move. Moved within the UK instead, but now back talking about emigrating.

question I have is that in terms of timing, we'd most likely be close to the end of the time window before we could move (oldest sons exams), and would want to stay at least long enough for citizenship. What happens if we need to leave the country (uk visit for example) after our 190 arrival period expires but prior to gaining citizenship? Apply for some kind of residents return visa? We have been back to activate our visas.

Thanks, Jamie 

Hi

As I understand it, you wouldn't qualify for the 155 Resident Return Visa as you wouldn't be able to meet the '2 in 5 years residence requirement'

So you'd have to apply for the 157 Resident Return Visa - which is for people who have 'spent at least one day but less than two years in the past five years in Australia immediately before applying for that visa.

The difference between the visas is the length of the travel facility:

Subclass 155 - up to five years from the date of grant.

Subclass 157 - 3 months from date of grant.