Visa getting problems.

Juris

Hi. i made my visa application for e-visitor visa for 1 month before in 02.10.2017. In 03.10.2017. department of immigration sent me request for more information, which i submit in 07.10.2017. all these days nothing is happened, status in Immi-account is not changed, status-assessment in progress is the same all month. The problem is... i have tickets to go to Australia in 08.11.2017. What can i do in this case????

Please help.... :(:(:(

36 minutes ago, Juris said:

Hi. i made my visa application for e-visitor visa for 1 month before in 02.10.2017. In 03.10.2017. department of immigration sent me request for more information, which i submit in 07.10.2017. all these days nothing is happened, status in Immi-account is not changed, status-assessment in progress is the same all month. The problem is... i have tickets to go to Australia in 08.11.2017. What can i do in this case????

Ring this number in London  02074203690. recording says ring at 1pm for uk English- I think it was. They can’t do it for you but can put a note on for Oz to see

I had this trouble  last year.

This year I applied  last Friday this time and it has still not come. So much for the one day processing time they state  ?

I have allowed 5weeks this time as like you was sweating!,, in the last 10yrs they have always come through in minutes but seemingly not now !

Good luck 

Edited by Kathss56

33 minutes ago, Juris said:

Hi. i already call to London last week on Tuesday, they put a note, that i need to get my visa until 08.11.2017.  but...one week is around and i do not get nothing, just the same status -assessment in progress.

28 minutes ago, Juris said:

Hi. i already call to London last week on Tuesday, they put a note, that i need to get my visa until 08.11.2017.  but...one week is around and i do not get nothing, just the same status -assessment in progress.

I rang every Day! Some are more helpful than others different ones gave different answers! . In the end it came through 2 days before!, ?

They did say to me that you can buy one from a high Street travel agent BUT ! you then have to fill and upload a cancellation form to immi explaining why you are cancelling this current request   Cannot have two on the go at once. Can’t remember what the form number was, they will tell you. It was on immi Facebook page that they are getting busy with tourist visas for Xmas period.  You could always post on their page they answer sometimes !

Edited by Kathss56

Wow ! just as I typed reply to,you mine has come through on email. I had just checked My immi account 4mins ago  Can’t believe it as immi account didnt even say it was being processed then  

Fingers crossed for you !  Don’t be worried about ringing them again tomorrow !

Edited by Kathss56

• 1 year later...

Hello, again!

Forgot to reply here about what happened.

So I was already in London one day before my supposed flight to Sydney still not knowing, whether I will be flying the next day. Decided to check my email  at midnight just before going to bed,  without any hopes about my visa. What a surprise revealed to my sleepy eyes. New email with a subject containing words "Grant Notification"! Yes, I received my visa about 12 hours before the flight  😁 Had a good vacation in Australia. Spent there 3 weeks, drove  8000 km.

I think that calling support in London did help, but they made the special mark only when 2 days were left. So thank you for the tips.

Edited by Juris
  • Like 1